- High School Diploma awarded by the high school ‘C. Darwin’ of Rivoli (Turin) in 1986.
- Electronic engineering degree, spec. telecommunications and broadcasting, at Politecnico di Milano in 1992
@ HIT – Hub Innovazione Trentino (Jan 2016 – present): Innovation Advisor and Supporter
Building connection, opportunities and supporting startups and spinoffs from Trentino region; broker of technology transfer from research centers to large corporates; instructor in course of I&E (Innovation and Entrepreneurship); tutor of potential startups in pre-incubation phase.
@ EIT Digital – European Institute of Innovation and Technology- Digital (Mar 2013 – Dec 2015): Innovation Supporter and Business Developer.
Italian representative in the activities of EU initiative EIT Digital as Business Developer to support the international growth of a network of selected startups and SMEs in ICT sector. The acceleration program foresees scouting and coaching of valuable startups and the design of a roadmap to enter new countries of the EU. I support startups in terms on mentoring, tutoring, specific training (pitch, team, BP, financial plan, market analysis and go-to-market strategy), and access-to-market as well as access-to-finance, thanks to a personal network of corporates and VCs. Manger of the team of Italian Business Developer for the budget and the KPIs.
Previous employments (chronologically from the most recent):
- Sirti (ICT system integrator: senior engineer; 6 years)
- Sviluppo Reti : (Consultancy and Technology services: founder-owner; 4 years)
- 2NET (Telco operator holding; since start-up for 2 years)
- Infostrada (Telco operator; 2 years and 6 months), then acquired by Wind (6 months)
- Telecom Italia (Telco operator; 5 years)
For shorter periods or specific tasks: Comitsiel (ICT services), Adhersis (ICT services), ASILAB (start-up, Telco network operator), Saronno Servizi (Multiutility), Idra (Multiutility), PR-Ponti Radio (Telco services).
Main activities carried out in previous companies
- Senior Engineer for International Business Development – Scouting and evaluation of new technical solutions. DVBT, Smart Cities, Traffic Control Systems, Hospital systems. Market area: Middle East North Africa.
- Proposal Engineer. Telecommunication networks, safety and security systems, Oil&Gas security systems, highways & transportation systems, airport systems for air traffic management. On-field in Italy, Lybia, United Arab Emirates, Iraq and GCC area
- Designer of telecommunications networks based on copper conductors, fiber optic and radio links for local access and long distance networks.
- Coordinator of working groups (technicians, planners, managers).
- Technical and Sales Account Manager for services of measurement of electromagnetic emissions.
- Implementation of a SW platform for data acquisition from machines (M2M) and data presentation on the web (2.0).
- Technical Director of a NewCo for the deployment of Turn-Key city-wide data networks.
- Scouting for new technological solutions in the field of telecommunications, safety and ecology. Analyst for solutions in alternative energy: photovoltaic, solar thermal, solar thermodynamics, HVDC.
- Founder and owner of a company of services related to environment services (electromagnetic and air pollution). The core technology was developed at the SUPSI (Scuola Universitaria Professionale della Svizzera Italiana) and carried on Italian market by my company.
- Consultant for the development of internet and intranet portals and related services; creation of websites and intranet portals (web 2.0) with social connections.
- Controller and designer of special technological equipment related to safety and security (intrusion detection and control, protection and anti-terrorism).
- Technical writer of reports, presentations, offers, technical requirement.
Courses and training
- Post Graduation specialization course on telecommunication, 7 months full time with exams at SSGRR (Scuola Superiore Guglielmo Reisss Romoli) L’Aquila – Italy;
- Stage full time in the United States for a period of two months at Bell Atlantic and Nynex, local telco operators;
- Financial Management training courses (Soc Profingest);
- Critical human resources management;
- Total Quality Management; Workflow management;
- Methods of Problem Solving; Creative Problem Solving;
- Microsoft Visual Basic; Audesk AutoCAD; Bentley Microstation;
- Internet Triple Play (Voice, Data, TV).
Other information and expertise
- From 2000 to 2005 I planned and conducted teaching seminars at the Politecnico di Milano within the course of Electrical Communications (Prof. Matricciani) about radio mobile networks and broadband networks. The seminars were also deployed at the subsidiary of Como of Politecnico di Milano and at the Scuola Universitaria Professionale della Svizzera Italiana (SUPSI). Graduate Teaching Assistant for Electrical Communications course at the Politecnico di Milano (years 2000 and 2001)
- Excellent knowledge of PC: hardware, software, networks, standard software packages, software for mapping. Teacher in courses for basic PC knowledge and Microsoft™ Office™ software packages (business and private courses).
- Good knowledge of English (American) both technical and conventional (improved thank to activities developed abroad). Knowledge of German (3 years course) improved with living and studying in Germany.